March 9, 2010

Lucky me!

So I know I have been so bad on blogging, and only blogging on birthdays, but I am going to blog now about MY birthday! Those of you who know me well enough, know I don't go out of my way to let people know my birthday is coming up, I don't even hardly celebrate it. I think the most I do every year is go to Oregano's (which is my favorite) with my best girl friends, and then Outback (my other favorite!) with my family! Thats what I do every year, but this year was different, because a couple reasons. For one, I am married now. Two, I live in Utah. Three, there is no Oreganos here. So this year was a little different, well a lot different, but it was one of the best yet!

My birthday was on Saturday, so Brian, being the sweetheart that he is, wanted to celebrate my birthday ALL weekend. He picked me up at work on Friday around 12, and suprised me with taking me to my favorite furniture stores from Salt Lake to Provo. Which is about a 40 minute drive. Anyways, we stopped at about 8 stores, and he spoiled me with a BEAUTIFUL bed for our guest room.

A chair for our desk that he has been searching for forever.

And a dresser! Finally! (WE have been married almost 4 months and still dont have dressers, you can only imagine how grouchy I am with clear plastic buckets from walmart on the ground with stacks of clothes in them, very grouchy)

So after we purchased our beautiful items, which our last item purchased was in Provo, we drove to our friends , the Belnaps, house! They are young and married too, and Og and Brian went to high school together and Maddie and I both grew up in Gilbert and had a lot of the same friends, knew who eachother was but never really talked. Maddie and I have become very close and I consider her one of my best friends. We love to spend time with them as often as we can! Anyways, we went over to their house to visit for a bit, and Maddie had two present on her counter top, one from her... which was a little care package (wink wink) for the weekend. Some bath salts, some lotion, a bracelet, and some other fun stuff! The other gift was from Brian! What a suprise! In there was two cute shirts for date night on my birthday! Then Brian and I said goodbye and hurried back to our humble abode to set up our furniture, brians dad and brother helped brian set it all up!

After the furniture was all set up we packed our bags and headed to Park City. I really wanted to get away just the two of us, and Brian kept playing it off that he didnt think we could go this weekend, so when he told me we were going I was suprised and very happy! The drive up was nice, Brian and I close to never listen to music when we are in the car together, we like to have silence and talk to eachother, or sometimes brian will make ip funny little songs, about just about anything. Anyways, when we got there we were pretty tired, so we laod down and watched a movie and both of us fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to, "Happy Birthday, Bebe" haha in his tired voice, in the middle of him waking up and stretching. The day was prefect, we spent the whole day just together, relaxing and doing fun things. Brian gave me a massage in the morning which was nice, I really needed that. We got ready and went shopping, as well as window shopping. We had a great day, then we went to one of his favorite places to eat up there, Davanzas. He goes there a lot when he going snowboarding. It filled us both up, too much. We got back to the hotel and went in the hot tub.I got all my birthday presents from Brian....

Then we each took hot showers and got in our lounge wear haha and laid in bed and I napped while Brian watched a movie. Usually, I fall asleep in every movie we watch together, Brian always wants me to stay up and watch it with him so he will bug me so that I can't fall asleep, but this time he just let me rest. Again, sweet boy I have. After I woke up, we were both still so full and did not want to go out to dinner so instead we walked to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and spent just as much as dinner would have on sweets. We walked back and just hung out the rest of the night! We love the time we get to spend together because our days are so hectic and the only time we really have to talk and hang out is when we get home from school at about 9:30pm. So I really cherished all the time we had alone together this weekend. I love this man so much! Sunday we woke up and we went to church, drove home and made dinner and organized the house!

It has been a great month, I love Brian Matthew.





5 comments:

  1. You guys are my favorite newlyweds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn, I miss you guys so much. when you said you guys make up songs it reminded me of dad ha ha he loves to that. I'm glad that we turned the "BIRTHDAY TOURCH" over to B Wright he is so sweet to you. I love you both,,, love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE post!! Very cute, Brian sure does know how to make you happy:) Sounds like he spoiled you rotten on your bday like you deserve!!
    I love that he picks out outfits for you, soooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlyn! You guys are so cute together! I hope that you are enjoying married life! It is the BEST! P.S. I LOVE those apple pie caramel apples! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much to catch up on! first off, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!!!!!!! What a perfect weekend, and a sweet sweet hub you have! And in celebration i'll just HAVE to eat at Oregano's in your honor...it'll be a chore, but because I love you I'll do it. ;)
    Miss your buns!

    ReplyDelete