April 14, 2010

So Blessed.

"When I heard the news,
My heart fell on the floor
I was on a plane on my way to Baltimore
In these trouble times its hard enough as it is
My soul has a known a better life than this

I wonder how so many can be in so much pain,
While others dont seem to feel a thing
Then I curse my whiteness,
and I get so damn depressed,
In a world of suffering,
Why should I be so blessed?
"
-Brett Dennen


I've been listening to this song a lot lately, feeling so blessed for the things I have, for the place I live.

My little sister just went to Guatemala for 10 days to do humanitarian work. Maybe thats why these thoughts have been running circles in my head, but I feel so blessed. I think about times when I complain about the little things like when theres no hot water left in the shower, or the heater in the house isn't warm enough. I am trying to be optimistic lately, I should feel so blessed to have these things in my life everyday.



I've traveled A LOT around the world, I have been to alot of 3rd world countries and I've seen the way most people live. I am so thankful for people like Haleigh who devote their time to serve others, to help make someones life a little better.

Brian and I go to Paraguay in two months. I can't wait to go, I hope I can do something to help others while we are there visitng his mission.

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn you are such a good person remember to always be grateful for what you have. How lucky you and Brian are to go toParaguay i know you guys will bless some lives there have fun and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kaitlyn. seriously? you have grown into something so beyond beautiful. i am grateful for you. and for this message. it is SO true. so true.

    love you, woman.
    xo
    e

    ReplyDelete