April 9, 2010

Wow.

Just recently, Brian and I attended our friends, Maddie & Og's, stake conference. Their stake is a married student stake at BYU. It was nice to be around people who were all in the same situation as us; working full-time, students full-time, hardly getting to see their spouse. These were people we could relate to.. Our ward is older and I am almost positive we are the only newlyweds (being as the other newlyweds who moved in after us, moved to a new house!)

Anyways, my whole point of this was that those talks have been playing in my head for weeks now. One line in particular.

"Men, if you saw your wives the way our Heavenly Father did, you would fall to your knees."


Tears filled his eyes as he spoke these words and his voice shook. Wow, what a strong, amazing statement.

This statment has been such a motivation, it has helped me to want to be the best wife/friend/woman I can be. I can only hope to continue to learn and to live to be just that. I have a long way to go, but I know I can do it.

I am so thankful for a husband who helps me daily, teaches me to be a better person, who puts me before others and loves me. He is the best friend ever, and I only hope one day I can be seen by not only him, but everyone, the way Heavenly Father sees me.

6 comments:

  1. oh my. i love you kaitlyn. i needed that. you are so right.
    xoxo
    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looooved this post. you gave me goosebumps! you're incredible kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girl for that, I think Satan works dang hard on us to not only feel that way about ourselves but also to not be seen that way. I absolutely loved and needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I was just blogging around and came upon yours and I LOVE this post...it made MY eyes tear up! I love that statement too, so powerful! Hope to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was so beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete