March 2, 2011

Changes

It's so strange how much things can change in two years. When I moved to Utah two years ago my life was so completely different than it is now. I thought it would always stay that way and I knew that people always changed but for some reason I always thought that me, and my life would be the exception. My mom always told me that things would change after high school and especially after I got married and I always denied it. Things slowly started changing, and it made me so sad. But what I didn't realize is that these are the changes that are helping me to become a better person and to be who I want to be. Since I have moved home everything is one hundred percent different. For starters, I am married. Haleigh is graduated and now hangs out with my old friends, I have a nephew, my mom has cancer, blake is not here, and neither are alot of my best friends. At first when we moved here I was kind of sad that so many things have changed since I was gone, but now I realize that these things happen for a reason and that if they weren't happening I wouldn't be progressing. I am grateful to be living here right now, and to be learning daily. Even though my friends are fewer and most of them (besides like two) are in Utah, I am grateful to actually be learning who my best friends are and always will be. I have had a hard time with the change in friends that I have had. But in reality, who am I kidding?! The friends that I have gained in the past two years have been some of the best friends I have ever had. The friendships from before Utah that I still have now are even stronger and more important to me than they ever have been. I also have had a hard time with Blake being gone. I know what he is doing is exactly what he should be doing right now, but it doesn't mean I don't miss him! He was my best friend, and I can't wait for him to get home! Living here without him is not the same at all as ut used to be! Blake always brings humor into the home. I am sure Brian can't wait for him to get home either, too many girls in my parents house at one time I am sure it makes him a little crazy! Like most people, I have a hard time with change. It takes some getting used to, and at first I thought I didn't want to get used to it. But really, I think the experiences that I have make me stronger, make me a better person. I am trying this thing where I see the good in things. Change is hard, but change is good. I am thankful for it.


p.s. As for the changes in my hair go... I am going back blonde! But slowly, making slow stops on the way. Right now my hair is brown with a color melt. I like it, but I think next time I will go lighter and one shade. So hopefully a light brown! I don't want to jump to blonde that quick because I have a feeling once I go blonde I will stay that way.


p.p.s. I PROMISE A GOOD POST SOON! WITH PICTURES AND ALL!

7 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog post girl. It really is so crazy how things xhange, esp after high-school and than once your married. But I wouldn't want it any other way and it makes us who we are today. Love ya girlie. We need a pic of your hair and your stages. Tell your family hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you and i miss you like crazy!! I am happy for you and Neff. I hope all is well enough. Love, Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot girl, I hope you know you gotta friend in Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love youu, your blog, and when you update your blog!!! hang out sooon?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel! When I was home to visit in December, it really hit me how different my life is. But it is a good change. And even though I loved how my life was a couple years ago, I would not go back to it because I love my life now too. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you pretty girllll!
    Leeee

    ReplyDelete